October 21, 2007

Mary-Cate & Steve Wedding - 9.21.2007

Mary-Cate and Steve got married at the Goodwin Hotel in Hartford, Connecticut.
As a wedding photojournalist, I am one of the few people who actually really feels the tension and stress before the Bride and Groom's vows. The stress actually is always in the air but let me tell you about this particular wedding. There was none. I walked in to Mary-Cate's sisters house where she was getting ready in Glastonbury. As soon as I walk in, it was probably one of the most calmest places I have ever been to for photography. It was sooo quiet!! I started snapping some photos here and there and eventually made my way into the Bride's room where she was getting ready and to my surprise, Mary-Cate goes "Oh, you are here. Good!" Thats about all she said with no nervousness about the big day and then the photoshoot started which came out fantastic...see below!
Steve and Missy are a very easy going and extremely calm couple and it truly shows in these photos.
I know its difficult for the bride and groom to listen to other people on the big day but being relaxed and calm brings out the best photos of them..period!
Here is an example of what being relaxed results in and it is amazing -
http://www.studiocontempo.com/marycate&steve/
These came out phenomenal!

















1 comment:

MaryCate said...

Kashif & Loreta, As Steve and I prepared for our 'big day', we prepared ourselves (well really just me) for 'something' to go wrong or be wrong...no wedding is 'perfect'. Trusting our photos to the two of you made the day so much easier. As you mentioned in your blog comments...'there was no stress here'. Thanks to BOTH of you for making this part of our wedding so special!